Digital Design Lead
Ariad is looking for a Digital Design Lead who is design-obsessed, innovative and a great communicator. Someone who loves the idea of creating beautiful and powerful work for premium clients and supporting juniors to do the same.
A Digital Designer or Art Director by craft, you should possess prowess in creating digital experiences, along with experience with digital messaging. Someone who is comfortable developing fresh visual approaches for well-known brands, arriving at solutions that are both logical and emotional; a rare creature who develops work that people love and that drives them to engage.
We are looking for a Design Lead who should, and does, bring very disciplined processes. Your blend of radical thought and steady experience results in outstanding, yet simple ideas. Clients will trust and love you. Co-workers will be in awe of you.
- Lead design on a number of key agency accounts. Ensure brand consistency (concepts, design, tone) and lead design innovation.
- Attend regular creative briefings and persuasively present work
- Bring best practices to life for digital design and content creation
- Ensure concepts delivered to clients are on strategy and deliver on client expectations (then take them to the next level!)
- Collaborate with other groups such as strategy, account management, and the digital messaging team
- Inspire! Provide constructive feedback to team members and contribute new sources of creative inspiration
Desired Skills and Experience
- Five+ years related agency experience working in design and digital with a portfolio of world-class visual design
- Proven ability to lead and mentor – with a manic need to be a hands-on doer
- Ability to oversee others and interact with clients. But with perpetually rolled up sleeves.
- Willing to be scrappy & resourceful to create great work and meet deadlines
- Ability to listen and understand client feedback and input from internal team
- Experience handling multiple assignments and possessed of grace under pressure
- Strong practical working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch and Invision
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and presentation skills
- Commitment and passion for learning and growing skills and knowledge
- Positive and constructive
- Sense of humour
Ariad is a close team of forward-thinking marketers coming together to make content that motivates, creative that inspires, and strategy that connects it all to people’s lives. Our culture is supportive, and our goals ambitious. And we’re proud to have been voted one of Canada’s Greatest Places to Work for the 7th straight year.
Ariad Communications Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.