Senior Full Stack Web Developer
We’re looking for the next senior member of our amazing web development team. Ariad is a strategic marketing agency building and optimizing critical web-based marketing tools and technology for a wide range of clients. If you are interested in a dynamic agency environment, and in joining one of Canada’s Best Places to Work for 7 years’ running, we have the role for you.
The Senior Full Stack Web Application Developer is involved in the design, development, release, and support of custom built and third party applications. Their primary objective is to deliver high quality code on time and within the allotted number of hours. As a senior developer some of your time will be dedicated to team building and mentoring others, attending planning sessions, and assisting in the development of requirements and technical specifications.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Collaborating with internal teams in product design, development and testing
- Creating front and back end specifications, requirements and code to implement within web platforms
- Ensuring web pages are cross browser compatible
- Providing accurate time estimates for forecasting and effective resource allocation
- Creating high quality code that delivers performance and adheres to specifications
- Creating clean, structured code to ensure the ease of maintenance and future enhancements
- Providing trouble-shooting analysis & resolution in a timely manner
- Keeping Team Lead and Project Managers up to date on progress
- Writing bug-free code
- Mentoring other developers
Education, Skills and Experience
- College or University Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a web developer capacity
- GitHub or portfolio of source code for review
- High proficiency with SQL (MySQL, MSSQL) for Database integration
- Experience using version control software (Git preferred)
- Experience with setup and administration of Linux server software and tools such as Apache, command line, crontabs, etc.
- Experience working with Team lead/architect to build functional specs, requirements and test plans and contribute to scoping in planning sessions.
- Ability to develop application with a high degree of attention to user interfaces and knowledge of usability best practices
- Ability to mentor junior developers
- Ability to understand and comprehend technical documents, such as requirements documents or API specifications
- Experience developing responsive web pages for multiple platforms, mobile devices and browsers
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with Laravel or a similar PHP framework
- Adaptable learning ability to work with and understand new technologies as new tools
- Effective planning, writing and communication skills
- Experience with back-end development using .NET would be a bonus
Ariad Communications Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.